From:
Becky Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:25:13 -0500
I have a male ferret that was whole when I got him, and he was about 6
months old. He only dropped 1 testicle, so I was trying to hold off on
neutering him until the other one dropped to try to cut down on the
invasivness of the surgery, but he started rubbing his belly on
*everything* in the house so I took him in for the neuter (luckily the
un-drppped nugget was *just* inside so it wasn't too bad for him) and
he was chopped.

He now gets orangy colored "cheeks". Is that his hormones? He is my
first baby that was not neutered as an infant so the whole hormone
thing is new to me. he also is a giant silver mitt- but his white is
never quite white- that tends to have a little tinge of yellow to it.
more than my other silver guy. He was just neutered in March, will
the coloring change after he blows his coat once or twice?

not that I care- I love him either way, just curious.

Becky