From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:29:00 -0700
Yikes - the custom compounded Pred that I used to get from Midwest Exotic
Bird & Animal has been discontinued by the compounding pharmacy - not
enough to be worth it to him.  The ferrets loved this stuff - thet looked
forward to it......and it came in 1mg/ml and 5mg/ml dosages.

Midwest is now making their own version - but it has only a 2 month
shelf-life and has to be refrigerated - which would mean shipping alone
to me, on dry ice, would be around $20 and since it's only 1 ferret on it
right now, and the short shelf life, I'd basically have to get a little
bottle every 8 weeks.  This has just turned into an expensive option.

The alternatives that I've tried to date are PediaPred which none of my
ferrets have ever liked and then those wonderful little pills, which you
can cut in quarters, hope you're getting approximately the right dose and
fight to get it in.

Does anyone else have any good alternatives?

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
Louisville, KY