From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:51:02 EST
To all who responded about cy-purr mouse,

Yes, rubber wheels on anything can pose a problem and I wouldn't leave
them alone with it.  Rocky knocks it over, too, but since Rocky's gotten
older (1 year) he seems to have lost interest in most rubber things.  He
was never that bad with rubber (though rubber sink plugs are still his
favorite delicacy!), but he's a cloth eater, which can be worse because
it's everywhere.  I am constantly monitoring his poo for foreign objects.

I still think it's a good toy as long as you can supervise, as with most
toys and ferrets.  I have a taxi-cab that rocky played with when he was a
kit, but as he was after those wheels, I wouldn't leave him alone with it.

Re:overturning water dishes:

You could use a bottle that attaches to the cage; Rocky hated that so I
use a teacup.  Put the handle through the bars and attach with a twist tie
in a place where your ferrets can't reach it, if they like to eat twist
ties.  Now Rocky doesn't like that and prefers to go into the bathroom
sink, where i either turn the water on or he drinks from a leaky faucet.
Before that he was drinking out of the toilet and fell in a couple of
times, so I try to keep that closed.

Ferrets are masters at training their humans to do exactly what they want,
especially if you have a really smart one!  What amazes me is how much you
can love these little demons, no matter how bad they are, no matter how
destructive, annoying or dangerous to themselves.

Sharon