From:
Toaster Man <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1992 12:49:30 -0400
Hi,

I have a couple of questions.
I have been feeding my ferrets Science diet in the blue bag.
What other food is out thier that might try?
Also I had some concern the last couple of weeks about my younger ferret being
to skinny.  So I took them both to the vet to have them checked up and ask a
few questions about the weight of ferrets.  As it turned out the skinny one (
Smokey ) wasnt skinny for his age group.  It seems that the other ferret has
been eating all the food and getting nice and plump..  One thing that I have
noticed is that Smokey doesnt like to eat around Bear.  He will go up to the
food bowl and get some in his mouth and take it behind my water bed and chomp
away thier..  So what is recommended? I have one plump ferret which need to go
about reducing the food for and one shy ferret that doesnt like to eat his
food by Bear.  Their usually eating habbits are I will fill up thier bowl full
of food usually once a day so they have constant access to food.  Their are
 allowed to roam free in my room so thier not restriced to thier cage.  Should I
just feed them at certain times with out keeping food in the bowl all day, every
day?  The one thing that annoyes me is it seems that Bear the older one has
built up this habbit of biting carpet.  I live in a house with wood floors and
I have a throw rug on the floor covering the wood floors.  Sometimes I will
hear this annyoning Chomp,chomp,chomp at night.  I have scholed him several time
so when he sees me get out of bed when he is doing this he takes off like the
road runner :)  Should I spray some bitter apple in the places were he is doing
this?

hmm well thats all for now. I have always wanted ferrets since I was about 7.
And I finally have 2 of them for almost a year.. I have had a very amusing
year with them to.  They only thing that they have done to make me really mad
is bite a hold in my water  bed matterss (sp) Let me see is was about 5 min.
to midnight on new years eve and I went into my bed room and sat on my bed only
to find a big wet spot on my AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :)

well enough of me babbling..

Steve Tietze

owner of 2 carpet sharkes - Smokey + Bear -