Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1992 09:14:55 -0500
I took Sneakers to a new vet the other day.  I didn't like the first one
so we tried another.  The new vet we went to was great.  She really
cared about Sneakers and she (the vet) was more than willing to answer
any of my questions.  I did ask her about why Sneaks freaked out the
other night.  I suggested that the sound of a big chain may have hurt
her ear drums.  The vet said that ferret ears are ten times as sensitive
as human ears and that if a chain sound hurt my ears it would most
definitely hurt hers.  I also mentioned that Sneakers had had ear mites
when she was a little one.  The vet said that the mites could have
caused an infection that may have made her ear more sensitive to sound.
Sneakers sure did put up a fight when the vet tried to look down her
ear canals.  I would love to find a book on ferret anatomy.  Does
anyone have any suggestions as to where to find one?  BTW for those
ferret lovers in Orlando, FL  who are interested in knowing where I took
Sneakers, it is a placed called Underhill Animal Hospital on the corner
of Lake Underhill and Gaston Foster.

-Amy and Sneakers-