From:
Julie Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:15:00 -0800
Hi all -

I've seen so many events where ferrets have been able to get together from
all walks of life and even for regional events.  I think that is wonderful,
but here in Kansas, we don't have very nice laws, and we don't want to see
any animals subjected to the same course of events as Kodo, so we're being
very careful.

Along the same lines, we have quite a number of very reasonably concerned
folks who ask how to best protect against ECE or other communicable health
concerns in ferret gatherings.

On November 9th, Kansas Ferret Owners Coalition will be having an indoor
event which will allow ferrets to be present.  This is a first for us, and
we are all very nervous about the health and longevity of our fuzzies.
While the coalition focus is on legislative issues, we'll also be offering
microchipping at a very inexpensive price (probably about $15) at this
event.  That means we need to know all of the precautions to take NOW while
we are planning.

If you have planned any kind of ferret gathering, please let me know what
kinds of health conscious measures you took.

Please send responses to me at: [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Julie