From:
Rick Schradin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:32:35 -0400
I was asked by Lori Sies to post this to the FML.  Her message follows.

Please put this on the FML for me.  I really worried about King

 Subject:  Ferret Illness Help!  Fluid buildup in the lungs.
My male two year old ferret within a few days got pulmnary edema &
congestion and pleuritis (layman terms - he was drowning, his lungs were
filled with fluid and around his lungs was filled with fluid).  The vet
treated him and he was on his way to recovery and week and half later his
lungs started filling up again.  The blood test came up with nothing.
Hematocrit 48%, Nqe??typhils 4,600 59%, Lymphocytes 27%, Monocytes 4%,
Aleutions Negative, Some ban cells present resolving normal morph.,
Hypoersleniam.  He showed no signs of illness before this.  After clearing
up the lungs, the new x-ray shows an enlarged spleen.  He is losing weiight
and not eating like he should.  Staying dehydrated even after hydration.
The two ferrets he's housed with are fine, everyone in the household is
fine.  Looking for an answer to what might be causing the fluid to build
up or if someone else has had the same problem.  Please e-mail if you have
any ideas.  mailto:[log in to unmask]

Kathy & Rick Schradin
Ferret Warez
http://www.ferretwarez.com