From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:57:30 -0800
California Department of Fish and Game uses the argumement that ferret
legalization would mean Petsmart and Petco selling large numbers of ferts
that would eventually be abandoned at shelters, let loose, etc.  Sounds
like they are correct gauging the statements of those that are against
Petsmart selling ferts.  It's seems to me like a double edged sword.  If
you want ferrets legal you have to put up with irresponsible owners and
perhaps large numbers of unwanted animals.  Me personally I'm torn on the
issue.

I'm a free market capitalist, ferrets are private property, therfore
Petsmart (baring any local ordinances) has the right to Life, Liberty
and the Pursuit of Happiness (even in the form of dollars).  I don't
like the idea of dumb people owning pets (let alone having children)
but that's what freedom is all about.

[EY]