From:
Linda Mooring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 14:04:45 -0700
Is anyone else on the FML running the San Francisco Bay to Breakers?  I'm
running without a number this year.  I had to decide between a ferret outlaw
T-shirt (courtesy Jeanne Carley and the CFL) or my 10th or so ugly B to B
T-shirt.  No contest!

I'm gonna wear the outlaw T-shirt during the race, and I hope to spread the
good word about ferrets and get some more fellow Californians to write their
reps!  I'm going to copy off a ton of flyers and put them in a fanny sack.
I'll hand them out during the race!

I'm no seeded runner, so I'll be somewhere in the middle of the pack trying
to avoid those crazy naked people.  The naked ones usually aren't the fit
ones, unfortunately.  :{

If you're still writing letters, and I hope you are, here's another point to
consider.  I got my Dad to write a letter to a one of his friends who
happens to be an Assemblyman in LA.  This Assemblyman wrote back to my Dad
explaining that as long as Fish and Game thinks ferrets will go feral and
endanger wildlife, that he can't support any legalization bill (on a
positive note, he'd been inundated with ferret info from us ferret folk, and
sent me one one of the ferret calendars he'd been given <thanks, BTW if
you're reading this and realize you probably sent that calendar>).  I shot
back a polite (I hope) letter explaining that F&G officials are NOT elected,
and therefore we rely upon our ELECTED officials, meaning him, to keep F&G
and other non-elected departments in line.  That's what "checks and
balances" is all about!  He shouldn't rely on their word without doing a
little homework of his own.  Remind any rep who takes this line that he's
not doing his job!

See you at the race!

Hey, Mo Bob - will you be in CA through the 18th?  If so, head out to San
Francisco and do Elizabeth proud.  Surely all those bike rides have gotten
you in shape to complete a 12K?  You can walk - and you can wear your Padres
hat without getting egged!  My Dad has survived many races wearing a
Dodger's cap!

Linda M. (ferretless in CA)