From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:12:54 -0500
Sherman kit has been sharing my hummus bi tahini and told me to share the
recipe as a Christmas Gift to all.  I've made this for a lot of years so
I just kind of throw some of the stuff in by feel and as a result some
measurements are guessed or absent: Puree together in food processor: 2
around-16-oz.  cans of chickpeas which were first drained and then cooked
with fresh cooking water (add the chickpeas and at least some of the
cooking water according to need), over 1/2 cup of sesame tahini, about 6 to
8 teaspoons of lemon juice (less if strongly sour), 4 to 6 cloves of garlic
which have been sliced or crushed first, at least 2 teaspoonfuls of ground
cumin, salt to taste, olive oil to taste.  Then puree it all, spoon it
out and top it with paprika, sliced black olives, and shredded parsley.
Sherman's added instructions: have the grown-ups eat the yucko stuff on the
top and all the scooping veggies but you can take some pita with it if you
are quick enough, or just lick it up.  Be careful because they don't want
you to have too much garlic so you have to fast and sneaky.  That is the
recipe for Sherman's hummus bi tahini!