From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 1994 11:12:38 -0500
> Issue number: 731          Date:      Feb 17 1994
> where the $$$ really goes..)  I was wondering if some of us would like to
> go together to "adopt" in the name of the FML.  Send no $$$ now, I'm just
> asking if anyone's interested...

        This sounds like a pretty good idea. You can count me in for a
few bucks.  If this doesn't take off could you post the address for those
of us who would like to make donations.  Also is there any way to find
out exactly where and how this money would be spent?
> ---------------------------------------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Tue, 15 Feb 1994 20:24:43 -0500
> Subject: problem with vets

> regardless of the fact that the bill is based primarily on the shots rather
> than the diagnosis.  I don't know...   (But I do know that if
> they won't let me schedule SPECIFICALLY with my old vet from now on, I'm
> going  to be searching for a new one...)

        I think you have a good point here Rochelle.  I alway schedule my
appointments with the same vet. One day while getting booster shots they
were very busy.  I usualy don't let the Techs give the shots but this time
I did for the sake of time and to help my vet out.  Well they had to stick
poor Mako five or six times.  At one point there was rabies vaccine being
sprayed all over me and poor Mako.  Sebastain who has never even flinched
at the shots in three years had to be stuck three times.  I felt as if I
wanted to reach out and touch someone.  If by chance the next time I go
there and the techs come to give the shots I will ask to have the vet do it.
If the vet doesn't have the time I will ask for another appointment.

        I'm kind of lucky down here.  We have two very good ferret vets,
and they work for different clinics.  I've been to both of them and they
both make me feel comfortable when I leave.  Well that is till I have to
pay the bill.  :)

        I sorry for rambling on again.  I guess with work being as slow as
it is I tend to spend more time writing.

        Hope you all have a good weekend.

        Brad