From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:31:54 -0500
Roger wrote:
>On the California issue... the problem isn't that kind words don't work;
>it's that WORDS don't work.

EXACTLY!

---

I wrote in relation to surgeries:
>Most are surgical candidates, but it always pays to do pre-surgical
>testing in case some surprises show up which would make surgery too
>dangerous.  We've been there maybe twice and the money invested in
>pre-op testing such as a CBC with Chemistry Panel or a heart check
>were well spent.

Clarification: the two times were individuals who LOOKED like they would
be good surgical candidates but pre-op testing found serious hidden
problems which could have made surgery too dangerous to do.  We've
certainly done pre-op testing on a number of ferrets in the last two
decades... Those two made every time doing it worth while.