From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 22:10:11 -0400
I cry every time I see the ASPCA ad on T.V. featuring Sarah
McLaughlin's song and photos of sad, homeless, neglected animals. I am
supportive of the ASPCA and their efforts. HOWEVER, I do notice that
ferrets are apparently INVISIBLE or maybe they don't need ANY help.
They are never shown or mentioned by the ASPCA. At first, I thought
maybe the ASPCA dealt only with dogs and cats. This is NOT the case. I
guess I am overly sensitive, but I receive email updates from the ASPCA
and noticed that even their logo doesn't include ferrets. It is an
animated logo that is formed by animal shadows coming together to form
the shape of the US. There are even FISH included, but none of our
fuzzy ferret friends. Aren't they the #3 pet around the world? After a
visit to Julianna's (FBOG- Ferret Business of Georgia shelter) today,
maybe I am just more aware of how many ferrets are cast aside and
need homes. Doesn't the ASPCA know this? I am going to pick up my
Petfinder's/ ASPCA yard sign tomorrow and I will follow their request
to send in a picture of us with the sign and it will definitely include
two of the "Forgotten Pets"- Loki and BART!. I will also include a copy
of this post. If any of you have communication or donations to the
ASPCA, ask them why and how they are unaware of the needs of pet
FERRETS.

Stepping off my soapbox,

Lesley