From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 08:56:44 -0500
Would it be ok to put it in some water with ferretone?

They need to eat with pred. It can really upset their tummies if they
don't--and it can cause an ulcer.

We give the pred in a small bowl of baby food, thinned a bit with warm,
distilled water. (body temperature) OR pressure cooked chicken or
turkey, pureed in the vita mixer. They view this as a treat, & truly
look forward to it!

If a ferret isn't eating well, or doesn't usually finish its soup, this
won't work, because they might not get the full dose. However, most
really come to ENJOY the soup, and will eat IT when sick, even if
nothing else!

Most do not like baby food at first. They need to recognize it as food.
To aquaint them with baby food, put a little dab on your finger. Gently
scruff Rocky, & "smear" it on his canine tooth. (You are simulating
mommy ferret) At first, he may recoil, & you may be wearing the BF. LOL
Give it a couple minutes, & try again. The taste is now in his mouth. A
few minutes later, try again. (I might mention that chicken or turkey
are what I'm talking about--- PLAIN MEAT--not something with noodles or
vegetables!!) We use Nature`s Goodness, or Gerber here.

Don't stress him by forcing the issue--He will come around.

In the meantime, if he has just eaten his kibble, THAT'S the time to
give his pred. You have just seen him eat, so you know his tummy isn't
empty.

Good luck--and please give Rocky a snuggle from us!

Love,
Zoo
www.zoosferretsanctuary.org