From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 15:56:39 -0700
I received confirmation on that Animal Planet show.  A few people emailed me
and let me know that they saw it firsthand.  One ferret-owned couple, Judy &
Gary Skinner from the Western Carolina Ferret Club said that the lady on the
show was from an organization called P.A.W.S., a wild animal rescue shelter
that takes in wild animals people have tamed when they don't want them
anymore.  Like Katharine said, you know "lions, cougars, *ferrets*".

The woman said that "the small ferrets some people buy their kids for pets.
They attack small kids and some wild animals are meant to be in the wild not
in captivity." They showed two ferrets outside.  (Think California F&G paid
her to say that?)

So... if this chokes you, too, then write 'em.  Gary & Judy kindly found
the email address of the lovely woman from P.A.W.S.  It's

Ariel, with her "wild animals" Jasper, Taz and Baxter (was Bit, but he
don't bite no more <grin>)