From:
Rick Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:49:20 -0500
To any and all who may be able to help!!

My Husband and I manage KiSta Ferret Shelter North in Red Bank, New Jersey.
We are a fairly new shelter, about 4 months old, and are the northern
branch of KiSta Ferret Rescue, located in Manahawkin, New Jersey.  We are
affiliated but share no funding.

Recently, over the last month, we have been hit with a rash of illness
coming into the shelter.  It ranges from simple, but dangerous intestinal
inflammation to adrenal problems.  We have a little 2 year old Jill, her
name is Bandit, who came into the shelter weighing less than a pound,
sporting all the symptoms of adrenal disease and all the signs of abuse
and neglect.  Her treatment alone is going to run over $400.

We have been able to maintain operation entirely on our own until this
point, but the medical bills are starting to get out of hand.  We have
made arrangements with our Vet, Dr. Michael Doolen, of Oakhurst Veterinary
Hospital (He's the best!!  A real Fuzzy lover and a fount of Ferrty
knowledge!!) to accept donations for our little guys directly into our
account.  This is our greatest need and should anyone here on the list be
in a position to help please feel free to send any donations to:

KiSta Ferret Rescue
C/O Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital
225 Monmouth Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ  07755

Please include the account # 14373 somewhere in your donation letter.  If
you are unable to go this route, we are always in need of Hammocks, sleep
sacks, etc.  you know, all the thing to help the guys be as happy as
possible!

Even if you can't help directly, please keep our little guys in your
prayers.

We want to thank all of you on the FML for all the great info and advice,
and for those of you who may find yourselves able to help thank you so much
and God bless you.

Denise & Rick Jackson
KiSta Ferret Rescue North
129 W. Westside Ave.