Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:01:53 -0800
One of the other benefits to the new spacious ferret room is that I was
able to designate housing for just my elder kids, dubbed the "Senior
Center". They seem so much more content without the rambunctious
youngsters but still like to get out and mingle with them. Seniors only
play time is not very eventful! (They're getting really bored with
movie time...you can only watch Cocoon so many times. ) It helps me
keep the main cage cleaner too as the older kids tend to not make it
to the box as easily....so the senior center requires alot more upkeep
but it's so much easier now that they aren't pooing on all the bedding
that the younger kids share. They meander around, eat their gravy, take
a leisurely walk through a tube, snuffle through blankets,...(poo
wherever they please) and go to sleep.

I would imagine that some animal control officer, not knowing squat
about ferrets, would look at my Boo and decide that she should be
euthanized because she is thin and old. No big surprise considering
how we treat our nation's elderly humans. But Boo and all of my seniors
enjoy a qaulity of life. What I especially love about the seniors is
that they tend to enjoy more cuddle time at this age. Hey, old age in
a ferret is something to be celebrated, not a reason to be condemned
to death.

God Bless everyone with elder furkids,....

hmmm....I feel a new web page coming on...Kat? Kat?
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt???

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page