From:
Carrie Duc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:17:06 -0400
Hi, my 3 1/2 year old silver male Slinky has developed a rash on his
underbelly and sides and itches constantly.  Yes, he's seeing a Vet on
Saturday morning.  I don't live in the city and that's the soonest I can
get there.  He seems fine aside from that is eating, drinking, and pooping
normally.  He's playful and seems O.K.  except that he itches a lot and has
this reddish rash, it's not super apparent or anything.  You really have
to part the hair to see it at all.  I'm wondering if it could be migrating
mites?  We had them checked a while back about 4 months, or so.  But we do
take them out for walks, etc... What do you all think it could be?

I also have a wee female that may or may not be having discharge from her
vagina.  Is it a vagina on a ferret?  I took her to the vet and they found
nothing.  She (the Vet) thought it could be just left over urine from when
she pees, the ferret, not the vet.  I'm trying to keep positive about it
and trust the vet, but Vixen did have a bladder infection once that was so
bad it required surgery.  She has no fever at all, and is as playful as
ever.  Any suggestions?  I have noted that she is knawing on our limbs a
lot more recently.

Thanks,
Carrie and the furballs at [log in to unmask]