From:
Kimberly Graber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:45:17 -0800
We bought one of these cages about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it!  We
had a Midwest cage for 2 years.  It was a pain!  We had to build addition
floors.  The hooks on the bottom that hold the cage on had all popped off.
The trough never *really* got clean.  The bottom had started to bow up in
the middle (as had the plastic snap in pieces) To clean it, really clean
it, was a major expedition!

But this new cage is fantastic!  The tubes allow for more play space on
each floor.  There are endless possible combinations of ways to put it
together and when they get bored you can change the layout.  We have
removed one of the floor pieces on the 3rd floor and put in extra long
tubing from the 4th to the 2nd (chaining it to the bars for extra
strength)We have water on the 3rd and 1st lever, a litter pan on the 1st.
The great thing about the floor os that they have a little ridge and if
someone has an 'accident' upstairs, the liquid staying in the rdge versus
running all over (sorry-don't mean to be graphic--but we've all been there,
right?!)  Another wonderful thing about this cage it that the bars don't
sit right down into the base.  It sits on a ledge.  So if someone has an
accident out of the pan it doesn't get the bars icky!  I just can't say
enough about this cage!  I highly recommend it to everyone.  Oh a couple
of things- if you have any older ferrets,you might want to buy some CURVED
tubing as the straight ones are hard for our older ferrets to handle.  They
just don't like that head-first straight-down thing I guess.  And if your
ferrets seem to not use the whole cage right away, just give them time!
Ours didn't use the top floor for the first 3 weeks!  And lastly, if you
are buying a pre-assembled cage, take out each piece of flooring and make
sure it isn't warped.  This happened to us and we had to go back and make a
big stink to get a couple new floor pieces.  I think they just force them
into place to assemble it but it makes the tubes not fit right and when
your ferret get in them the bend and ours actually broke.  But I still
think these are great cages!  Especially for former midwest owners (since
the midwest cages went up to $250-ouch-they weren't worth $200!) And if you
are excperiencing alot of smell you can't get rid of, it might be time for
a new cage!  That is what happen to us.  If anyone has any questions feel
free to email me!  Sorry this is so long!

Kimberly, Darin, Gizmo, Bentley, Abu, April, & Klondike