Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:17:02 -0400
One of my ferrets had an adrenal gland removed in February.  They only
removed one side stating the other side was fine.  Biopsy was not
cancerous.  Initial symptoms were swollen vulva and hairloss.  She came
through the surgery ok, however, her vulva is still swollen.  She's was
to the vet about a month ago and he said not to worry because the vulva
was getting "spongy" and no longer hard.  The size is still large.  I
thought that it would resolve itself quite quickly after surgery.  Also
she still has not grown back the hair on her back, rump or where they
shaved the abdomen for surgery.  Should I be overly concerned?

I've had male ferrets go through the surgery with almost immediate
results.  Even one that had both glands removed.  Am I expecting too much
for only 4 months since surgery?

Thanks,
Nancy