From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:34:05 EST
Well, how many of you watched the Wild Kingdoms Meercats secret world?  I
found out that they might have a ferrety appearance but that is where the
similarity stops dead in its tracks.  These animals were so much more
fascinating than I ever dreamed.  They were NOTHING like I expected.  And
to see it through the photographers admiring eyes was just priceless.

I have concluded.... that God must drink.  Yes.  Drink heavily.  At some
point, while he was lolling around on his cloud up there, he got the
crazy idea that if he held a monkey on one hand and a polecat in another
hand, then slammed them together.... it would make an interesting animal.
Chaw.  Surely he spinkled something else in there to spice it up, but I'm
not sure what.  These animals had a social structure that, to me, was
more like a primates than any sort of other vivarid in their family or
anything like any mustelid that they might resemble.  Its funny, because
as I said they almost look ferrety, but surely do not act like them in
any sort of way.  Yet when you watch a wolverine or somethign that looks
nothing like a ferret, you see many behavioral similarities... even in
their play.  Interesting.  I don't think that I'll think of anything in
the ferret family ever, ever again when I see these animals, that's for
sure.  It really changed how I percieve them. :)

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/