From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 07:28:19 -0400
>From:    "Chris Lloyd. - UK." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re-Multiple Breedings
>Hi, my ferrets only have natural light, west facing windows and the jills
>only come into season once a year around March.  Is it only jills kept
>under artificial light that come back into season after birth/jill jabs.

Hi--

I am giving up breeding but I have two ferrets, a mother and one of her
daughters who appear to have a genetic pre-disposition to come back into
season in the middle of nursing the first litter.

The first time this happened, the jill, was caught by oneof my hobs and
produced a second litter 6 weeks later.  I didn't know she was in season.
I wasn't looking forher to come in season.

This year, her daughter was bred, and came into season in the middle of
nursing tiny kits.  I kept her away from the boys and she went out of
season on her own.  This didn't happen to her sister who was dud studded
and hasn't come back in at all.

Chronic health problems are forcing me to give up several activities,
and breeding is one.

KG