From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:16:38 -0500
In case anyone wonders about the steaming in the photo of Ashling: two
days before she had actual edema she had trouble with dry air.  It may
have been that she simply had such early edema that it wasn't much more
than irritation and not yet detectible or it may only have been the dry
air alone in that photo; the steam helped her greatly and she returned
to play then breathing wonderfully.  Yesterday, though, she suddenly had
full blown edema which is why the mercy shot choice was made then.

Ashling turned out to love being held by the steamer.  She actually would
not let the others near pushing them away from my arms if Steve brought
on by.  It was her's and that was that.

Caroline, is it an apocrin adenocarcinoma?  I am hoping not.  There are
46 posts on problems related to the prepuce including these tumors at
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
and I hope that some of those may be of help to you.

Diazoxide: Belvidiere in NJ may be cheaper for you, and you can also
comparison shop others which also ship by going to:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/ReferenceShelf/
comp_pharm.html and calling.

Did you try only Prednisone or also Prednisolone?  Prednisone has a
liver processing step which Prednisolone skips so some ferrets for
whom Prednisone may as well be water do fine with Prednisolone.