From:
MICHAEL DENISE CUMMINGS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:57:30 -0800
Ethel Nippers is a 4 1/2 yr old female that I have had for 3 years.  She
is fun, smart and can get a bit nippy when she doesn't want you to change
her bedding or clean her potty box.  Other than that, she's a really
enjoyable ferret.

She also loves to climb.  But that was her undoing.  She managed to break
her left front leg and the vet put it in a cute pink cast.  2 weeks later
Ethel got it off.  This time a beautiful purple (can't tell what color
is the best, huh?) cast was put on.  1 week later she got it off.  This
time I stayed in the ferret room (I do ferret rescue and have a room just
for ferrets) the whole time watching...acting like I wasn't watching.
Ethel nipped at one of the guy ferrets who thinks he's all that and an
alpha too, and he chased her around the room, then Ethel ran into the
blanket... so did Gryffin.  They tussled (in the blanket) and out came
Gryffin.......... I reached in for Ethel and lo and behold .... no cast.
Pink again.....with Denise all the wiser....no blanket for Ethel and she
could only play with Lucy (her cage mate that was left with Ethel outside
the pet store 3 years ago).

I put her on the floor with Lucy and they go play.  (again no blanket) I
go straighten up the room and turn around to talk to her and she looks up
at me and poofs her tail.....what a bottle brush.  I talk to her and she
turns her back to me.  I then pick her up and kiss her and put her back
in the rice box...and she buries her head in the rice and roots around
in it.....totally ignoring me....looks up and turns her back to me and
starts rooting again.....I go to love on her and poof goes her tail
again.  She jumps out of the rice box, turns her back on me and runs
off (as best she can with the cast on).

Now don't tell me ferrets aren't smart with LOTS of personality...I know
better.

Denise Cummings ****Denise's Delightful Dooker Ferret Rescue