From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:39:40 EDT
Hurricane Bret made landfall in Texas early yesterday evening.  Ferret
Friends Disaster Response International (FFDRI) went to Disaster Alert at
1:20AM 8/22/99.

Current Situation: Rick White of SAFE in Texas is coordinating rescue
efforts for Ferrets.  A shelter has been set up and Rick's people are ready
for transporting, intake and processing of any ferrets in need.  Rick is a
prime example of being prepared and everyone should follow his excellent
example.

Terri Crisp of EARS will arrive in Texas by 3:00pm today and we will get an
update of needs from her as soon as the situation has been assessed.

Thanks to donations we have a full Disaster Pack ready to go should Ferrets
need it.

We have a partial pack for other animals.

We will keep you updated as the situation warrants

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International