From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 20:07:15 EDT
I have been mulling over ideas for our NY Metro.  area get-together this
weekend, and I have a few more suggestions as to location.  (I'm sticking
with the date, June 29, at this point since it seems to work for most
everybody).  Here are my suggestions; please let me know what you think of
them:

1) Take the Circle Line tour around Manhattan.  It takes about 3 hours and
costs under $20 (sometimes there are discount tickets in the local paper).
It would be a good opportunity to sit and talk while watching Manhattan
slide slowly by.

2) Go to Great Adventure.  I know it is somewhat expensive, but there are
usually a good number of discount tickets available on Coke cans, at local
grocery stores and banks, etc.

3) Meet at a picnic ground at a state park.  I'm not very well versed on
State Parks in this region, being a transplant from California, but I know
that there are picnic grounds at Deleware Water Gap and Spruce Run.  I'm
sure that others of you who have lived here longer will be able to suggest
other picnicking locations.

4) Go to the shore.  I'm very fond of Sandy Hook myself, but I am open to
any beach others might suggest as well.

Well ... those are my ideas and I'll shut up now.  I'm anxious to hear where
the rest of you suggest that we meet!

- Ela and Scooter and Paddington
[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

P.S.  I'd really prefer to keep this a "ferret free" event if possible, due
to the danger of spreading ECE and other communicable diseases ....