From:
Gail O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:20:00 -0400
I am a new Mom of two 6 wk old babies, and have watched Pearl and Squirmy
Rascal bite/nip each other with joy!  When I sit on the floor with my
fuzzies, they scamper over to me, climb all over, nip at my clothes, explore
up my sleeves, etc.  If I try to pet them they roll over on their backs or
turn their heads to nip.  (I try not to let them see my fingers - I just
want to cuddle and stroke them).  I have come to the conclusion that this is
their natural way of playing with me and testing dominance.  It is how they
relate to each other.  I feel *accepted* by this behavior!  I tolerate very
light nipping, but if its harder, I yip or hiss, and scruff, to establish my
dominance.  I expect that I will have to work for the next six months at
least in socializing these babies, just like any other animal.  Most babies
don't cuddle - except if they are very sleepy.  That's ok for now.  I hope
in the futue though the fuzzies will enjoy petting, neck scratching, and
cuddling.  Have you owners of older fuzzies experienced that?