From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:11:08 -0500
In Digest 36, more in a continuing discussion of transdermal medication:

I must concur with you completely!!!  I wish someone would pay to take
about 20 or 30 healthy ferrets and apply some transdermal flagyl and test
blood levels.  I'm not sure this would even work because that would not
even guarantee that it was penetrating the intestinal lumen.  Got an extra
$25,000 ?

--ben
The only drug i've seen transdermal validated for is tapezole in cats
Benjamin A.  Otten, DVM
Avian & Exotic Pet Medicine
The Animal Medical Center
510 East 62nd St NY, NY 10021