From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:49:02 -0400
Dear Daddy Billy,

The very moment I knew that Bandit was on here way here I didn't even
wait for the courier to arrive, I just went right up to the Big Guy and
asked if I could be the one to greet her. I made this heart- felt plea
and went into all of the reasons why I should be there and He just
looked at me and simply said, "All you had to do was ask Pie and I
would have said yes."

Off I ran, and I am talking that very fast running that makes us
fuzzits all look so sleek and dolphin like. My only thought was making
sure that I gathered up everyone possible to come and be there for
bandit! First I found Frostman and Butter Boy, who had been working
very hard at taking care of their tiny charges. They were in the middle
of giving flying lessons to about a dozen wee little fuzzits, they both
tried to explain to all of those cute little kits that they need to be
off to greet their newly arriving sister, but they would have none of
that and insisted that they be allowed to go to see what a Bridge
Greeting was like. Next I found Dini, Princess, Molly, Savannah and
MaMa Hen. They too were up to their fuzz-pits in baby ferrets and like
the professionals they are, they simply loaded up all of those kits
into several large prams and on we went. We then found PC working in
the vineyards, Nicky looking in on No-No, Bizzy chasing butterfly's,
and last, but not least, Hammie all carefully bundled up in Savannahs
lime green blanket.

One had only to see the long line of ferrets to know that someone dear
was coming our way and so as we walked, others followed. It was such a
wonderful sight to see all of those fur kids coming along to be there
for Bandit. I should then tell you about the day itself, it was just so
lovely, it was golden and warm and twilight was slowly sweeping over
the landscape. A soft summer breeze was wafting through the vast and
open fields, bringing along with it the welcoming scents of jasmine and
honey suckle and sweet stirling roses..... and then there she was, your
beautiful little girl of the single kiss.

I know how I felt when I crossed the Bridge, I know the smile I carried
when I arrived said it all, but to see it on the faces of those who
pass this way, well it is so joyful and magical to be a part of their
arrival. Bandit came across into the arms of all those who know and
love her, and she came into the arms of those who she will soon come to
know and she was very much loved and welcomed by too many baby fuzzits
to count.

She told me that her single kiss to you was her way of saying..... her
way of *promising* you ..... that she will be a part of your heart
forever, and the paw on your face was her way of reminding you of her
promise.

In the tiniest of voices she said to me, "Can you let my Daddy and my
Grandma know that I love them Pie." and she paused and then said, " I
had the best forever home you know that?", and I could not help myself
and replied, "Ditto", and she put one tiny paw over her mouth and
giggled until she fell over and those baby fuzzits ferret-piled on her!

Your Ditto is here Daddy and she is safe and among all her brothers and
sisters, as well as some new forever friends!

In love and In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah