From:
"Tea` McKinney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 13:21:05 EDT
Ok, obviously I did not make myself clear.  I have never actually put the
dust on any animal.  I use it on carpets and furniture and then vacuum it
off.  When I use it on bedding, I then wash said bedding.  Even during peak
flea season, I have never used it more than once a month and I never use it
in the same room as the animals are in at the time.  I used to send my cat
to the vet for a dip while I treated the house.

I have not been able to let my cat out for 2 or 3 years now so I haven't
had a need to use Sevin.  My ferret picked up a couple of fleas at her
vet's.  I pulled the 2 I could see off her, gave her a flea bath, and
sprayed her bedding with a flea spray made for ferts, and haven't seen any
since.  Although I would not hesitate to dust if I were to find that the
fleas had spread.

The simple fact is, if you can't kill the fleas in your home you will never
get them off your pets and Sevin is effective in doing that.