From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:42:00 -0700
Do ferrets become attached to their people you bet!  Once BJ grabbed my
toe and tried to drag me under the bed and wouldn't let go!  No, really,
I use to always wonder if they liked me especially or if they just loved
everyone.  But then a friend of mine who was house sitting, told me that
the ferrets are always so subdued when your gone, and then they dance and
play when your here.

Jack follows me everywhere, he answers to his name, he will wake up out of
a dead sleep and come running.  This is because I call him to let him go
outside with me so he always thinks "oh boy we are going outside".  I have
a small building outside with a gym and workshop and Jack, BJ, JJ and T-2
(all my boys) like to go work out with me.  I can let them out the back
door and they will all run straight to the work out room door.  I let them
in and leave the door open the whole time I work out.  If they start to go
out all I have to do is call their name and they lay down or come back in
to play.  Now going back in the house is another thing.  We all take a walk
then and they think it is free for all time, and that its great to make mom
chase them!!

Now when Odie was younger, not only did she come when called she could be
asked to find any one of her brothers or sisters.  Once I asked her to find
Little Bear and she kept going back to a rolled up rug standing behind the
door.  I could not believe little bear would have crawled up 8 feet and had
crawl into the rug so I ignored her, but she kept going back, so finally I
unrolled the rug and there was Little Bear as happy as a clam.  So I
learned not to question Odie.  I could also tell Odie to pick up her toys,
and she would enlist all the other ferrets and start a mass toy moving
exercise.  Of course moving was only to another area of the house and
seldom back into their room.

Back to attachments, my ferrets also have favorite friends.  JJ loves Jeff
(who he's named after (Jeff Junior), the little girls will wash my friend
LeVelle for hours.  BJ loves my maid Venetta.  T-2 loves the Rocky the cat.
But they all love me best!!!!

Amy and her 6 fur snakes