From:
"Ross C. Byczek" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 01:09:43 -0500
I will never again underestimate the resourcefulness of a ferret...nor
worry about burdening them with name tags.

My little Kenda and Gellidus were running around my room Saturday night
around 10ish...about 10:30 or so, I suddenly noticed I heard only one bell.
Knowing that Gellidus will never fall asleep outside of the cage, and noting
the different sound of the bell, I figure Kenda has passed out somewhere and
it's bedtime.  I start looking for him in the windowsill because he likes to
look out the window...and he had been trying to climb through it earlier...
our screens are held on by a pair of nubs/bolts... sure enough, he managed
to climb up onto the sill, get through the blinds, and pop out the
screen...the only reason Gellidus stayed is because she's still too fat
(losing weight and getting more energetic and happy every day).  So, a
search 200 yds in each direction turns up nothing...next morning I look
again, nothing...check again before I go to work, nothing...come home from
work ready to put up posters and my roommates inform me that Kenda is
back...I think they're kidding, but I look in the cage and there's my little
boy!  Apparently, somebody a couple buildings down found him, knew what he
was and guessed he was a pet to someone in Leonardtown, called his RA, and
she mentioned that I had been caught with one earlier in the year...so they
dropped him off.  I'm going to stop by tomorrow and thank them and reward
them...now just hope as I am that his RA doesn't tell mine or else the
munchkins are gonna have to relocate somewhere for a couple months...but my
li'l boy is back!!!!  :)

Hugs, dooks, and happy dances to all!

Rossi (The idiot who didn't think Kenda was that strong)
Kenda the escape artist ("Hey!  Outside was wet and cold...but neat!")
Gellidus the slow one ("I can jump now!  I can jump!  Just not that
high yet...")

         "IMAGINATION.  Use it as a weapon."
                         -Juno Reactor

 Ross C. Byczek                          244-02D Leonardtown Hall
 Digex NOCling in training               College Park, MD 20742
 [log in to unmask]                       301-314-3299 (Dorm)
 [log in to unmask]                         301-858-9330 (Home)
 [log in to unmask]               301-613-4770 (Sprint Phone)