From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 15:25:39 -0500
'specially dedicated to Laura, who has a couch like mine; to Janice,
who encouraged me; to Barb, who inspired me; and to ferretfans
worldwide:

   Somewhere, Under the Sofa  (tune: Somewhere, Over the Rainbow)

Somewhere, under the sofa, way down low,
There's a secret place where my ferret loves to go.
Somewhere, under the sofa, deep inside,
There's a special place where my ferret loves to hide.

He pushes and he pulls at all the
   cushions until he can slip be-
      hind 'em
then
wriggles through the seat and under-
   neath the sofa where he knows I'll
      never find him

Somewhere, under the sofa, dark and deep,
There's a corner where my ferret loves to sleep.
Down there, under the sofa, out of sight,
He keeps treasures to play with, objects of great delight.

I'll hear the noise of squeaky toys as
   somebody under the sofa
      chews 'em
he
takes great care to keep them there be-
   cause he's scared that someday someone
      else might
         USE them!

He loves under-the-sofa, that's for sure,
In his den, under the sofa, he's safe and secure.

My ferret's found there,
   gone to ground there,
      underneath the sofa every day!

lyrics c 1994 Cait Poulechat  Kate Pappas  [log in to unmask]

All amateur rights (including performance) are gladly given if
you give me an author's byline; please contact me in the unlikely
event of professional interests (professional publication/performance/
recording)--'cause I am a librarian and my stuff can be borrowed but
not sold. Thanx!