Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:18:16 -0700
Hi everyone,
I have missed the FML family so much and I apologize for being out of
touch for so very long.  I think it's been about 6 months now.  When
my mom passed in January, my world just crashed down around me.  If I
neglected to thank anyone, I really appreciate the outpouring of
condolences I received.  It's still hard to deal with and to a point,
very unreal.  I just can't beleive she is gone.  That combined with my
job keeping me really busy and taking care of the furkids has not left
me much time or energy for any internet time.  I am just starting to get
back to doing animal communications on a regular basis and I am not
taking in ferrets at this point.

Since mom passed, we have lost three ferrets.  Mystery girl, (wife of
Jasper) passed about a month after mom did.  It started to seem like all
there was to look forward to in life was death.  I was so worried about
how Jasper would handle Mystery's passing.  That sixth sense told me that
she was not going to make it through her surgery.  She was adrenal and I
sensed that cancer was brewing also.  The morning of her surgery, I took
Jasper along for moral support.  The couple laid in a sleep sack for two
hours before I left her.  They got out only to use the potty.  I talked
with Mystery and told her to stay strong through her surgery and keep
that little heart beating.  Early that afternoon, the doc called to tell
me that she was loaded with tiny tumors and it would be best to put her
down while she was still under anesthesia.  I rushed to the table side
and held her as he administered the lethal dose.  Weird thing was that
she did not go right away.  It took a second injection before she passed.
Suddenly I felt a twinge of guilt for the last communication I had before
she went into surgery telling her to keep her heart beating.  As sick as
she was, she stayed so incredibly strong through this ordeal.  I adopted
Mystery Girl from Faith Hood a few years ago.  She was sweet and loving
and NEVER did anything wrong.  She was quite content as Jasper's lifemate
and loved every ferret that came her way.  After she passed, I brought
her home so the others could say goodbye.  Jasper was the last to say
goodbye.  My heart broke into a million pieces at his reaction.  Upon
seeing Mystery girl laying in the box on my bed, he leapt from my arms
and curled up on top of her body.  He laid there on her wimpering and
sighing.  He was crying.  I have never seen that before.  I feared he
would grieve too much so I picked him up and he bolted back out of my
arms into the box with his departed lifemate.  I tried twice more to
scoop him up only to have him fight me both times to be by her side.
I decided that maybe he should have some time with her.  I left them
for about an hour until I insisted that he take comfort with me instead.
He laid in my arms for hours and since then has just not been the same
ferret.  He has bouts of depression where he acts very similarly to the
way he did the day Mystery girl passed.

On a positive note, Silver Furzilla (the beautiful boy on the magnet with
the beach ball) is doing fantastic.  He was diagnosed with kidney failure
in October of 2003 and given a max life of 6 months.  That was ten months
ago.  I refused to accept this grim prognosis and explored herbal
alternatives.  He gets Noni Juice and kidney tonic daily, he is also
drinking Willard Water and eating Science k/d diet.  In addition to
seeming to be perfectly healthy, his adrenal symptoms have disappeared.
The herbs are working.  I don't know how much more time he has with me
but every day I see those oil drop eyes looking up at me is a gift.

Returning to the surface and trying to dook,

Kim Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue