Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:27:45 -0500
First off I want to give everyone that emailed me a big "THANK YOU".  I
had a vast number of replies to our posting and we really appreciate them
all.  The bad news is he (Little Weezzer) hasn't gotten any better since
Tuesday when I took him to the vet (symptoms: bad diarrhea, not eating,
listlessness and weakness/ loss of co-ordination in his hind legs and
weight loss).  So I called them and this time talked to one of the other
Vets, Dr. Moore.  I told her how he was doing and what i've been doing for
him ( the original vet was off today) and she had me bring him back in.
She said she had already conferred with the first vet about my little
fellow on Tuesday when I first brought him in.

She seemed to be......hmmmm ... how do I put this......
she seemed to be more "ferret" inclined.  I don't know how to put it except
to say she seemed to be more of a "ferret" person.

Anyway she weighed him and he has lost 10% of his weight just since
Tuesday.  On Tuesday he was about 630 grams or so.... as close as I can
remember.... and today he was like 587.

I let her keep him even tho I cant afford it, ( this will have to be one of
those credit card bills I have trouble paying) cause I love him soo much.
She is gonna do her best to get the diarrhea under control.

The breakdown is as follows:

Misc Medication in clinic.......... $25
Inpatient care - Exotic animal..... $40
Doctors Care                        $50
Blood Chem 12 /CBC/ Electrolyte     $96
Office Call/ Brief exam             $16
Fluids SQ                           $15

Total $ 242

This is for an estimated five day period

I was informed this was the " basics" and more may need to be done, such
as x-rays.  This is also on top of the $87 I spent on Tuesday.

He is worth this and more, basically tho I don't really know what I'm into
here.  I mean, I've never been thru a prolonged illness.  For those that
have been in this situation (and my heart goes out to all of you that have)
can you tell me if this is about right as far as both proposed treatment
and / or costs?

I'm to call tomorrow morning (Friday) about 11 am to check on him.  I'm
anxiously awaiting tomorrow.....

once again..... thank you.....

Damon & Pennie
 & the rug monsters ( Weezzer, Sheba, and Peppin)