From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:56:34 -0600
Hi everyone
I am finally coming out of lurker mode to ask a couple of questions, but
first to introduce our group.My roommates ( Melissa and Richard) and I are
owned by Jimmie ( 3 1/2 yr old sable), Frasier ( 6 1/2 yr old MF sable),
Oscar (3 yr old MF sable) , Ozzie ( 1 yr old DEW ),Tonka ( 4 yr old MF
silver mitt), Jill (2 yr old sable) , Crystal ( 3 yr old albino ), and
Amber(8 month old cinnamon).  They are definitely a varied group of fun.What
I need to know is if anyone has heard of the disease Guardia??  Crystal was
diagnosed yesterday with it and unfortunately no one that I have spoken with
really knows too much info on it.  Our vet says that separating her from the
rest of the group is not necessary, but when talking to Shelley Knudsen, we
felt it would probably be a good idea so she is in a separate cage for now.
She is on Fenbendazole 100 mg/ml at .4 cc once daily for 7 days.  Anyone
with any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  My second
question has to do with tattooing does anyone know of a breeder that marks
their ferrets with a very distinctive M on the inside (under the fold) of
the right ear??  Ozzie has one .  I talked to Chris Neilson and he thought
that there was a Canadian breeder that marked with an M or a C.  Has anyone
heard of this??

     Michelle Fergus