From:
Robin Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 1956 13:35:53 +0000
Hello all,
Although I have been a ferret-list reader for a while, I have never posted.
I enjoy seeing everyone's facts, opinions and tales!  As for myself, I have
shared my time with ferrets for about 13 years now.  Recently one of my guys
had an adrenal gland out and now is recovering well.  He has always been an
excessive chewer/licker, but this hair re-growth following surgery beats
them all!  He licks his little tummy raw so that the new hair, which causes
the itchiness, is pulled out and regrows, causing more itchiness, etc!  AND,
he itches from the scabbing he causes with the licking.  I have tried just
about all of the known/practical remedies, Bitter Apple, a "bucket" or
collar made from a yogurt tub, topicals form the vet etc.  Does anyone know
of a SAFE natural solution such as a vitamin cream or other?  Thanks!

Robin, Ursa (scratch, lick) and Stella (No Ursa! I won't scratch for you!) :)