From:
"Cher R. Clarke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 00:39:47 -0600
The number of the beasties has fluctuated extensively in 6 weeks' time.  On
10/11, I drove to Columbus, OH (650 mi) to adopt Spencer, because his family
was moving to Hong Kong.  Spencer was the most beautiful ferret I have ever
seen, bar none.  He was ferret number seven.  A 4.5yo cinnamon shetland, so
handsome and loving.

The 21st day he was here, I noticed blood in his urine.  We were at the
vet's immediately.  She gave us meds for a bladder infection and coccidia
(intestinal parasite).  After three days of supplemental hand feeding and
watering, he was no better.  This time the vet added subQ fluids and an
anti-diahrreal med.  On the seventh day, he died.  I loved him so much in
only a month.  I'll never forget him.

Meanwhile, at the GCFA show in Illinois, a breeder gave me a cinnamon hob,
because the breeder thought he had cancer.  Hey, Breeder-guy: He doesn't
have cancer.  His registered name is RockyTop, but I jes calls 'im Bubba.
He acts like every Bubba I ever knew, growing up in bayou country.  He lost
his, uh, wholeness Monday last.  Doing fine, he hasn't noticed their absence
yet, I don't think.  I do wonder if he's lookking for them, though.  It's
just as well, he'd no use for them here.  Only the cat is whole now, and
we're just not going to go there, Ladies & Gentlemen.

So then there were eight, but Spencer's passing brought us back to seven.
Then last night a lady gave me Arizona, a handsome silver 3yo.  One of those
"no more time for him" deals.  Whatever.

Now we're back to eight.

Cher