Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:11:47 -0400
I was at a Pet Trust forum for university of Guelph and was handed
a card for this conference, which I think many on the list will be
interested in. I was told experts from across north america, including
those involve in Katrina and other disasters will be on hand. I am
not planning to attend, but if any body from organizations such as
f.e.r.r.e.t. is planning to go, I may be able to house one or two
people and help with airport pick up. I hope some one can go.

CARING DURING CRISIS:
Animal Welfare during Pandemics and Natural Disasters

April 29 - May 1, 2007
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario

http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/conference/caringduringcrisis/

Selina, Clef, Popcorn, Sorin, Mochi, Jolt & Cola

p.s. Pet trust is raising funds to open a cancer research centre for
animals. you may want to check them out. Pet trust is the fundraising
branch of the ontario veterinary college. a lot of research in
veterinary medicine is supported by private donations, as government
fund is very limited for these areas.
http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/friends_supporters/pet_trust.shtm