From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 07:50:31 -0800
Well, after having visited with the poor baby girl at Petco, my heart was
broken, though after a few days I went back and the biggest problems with
her condition had been fixed, (she was in recycled paper bedding instead of
cedar, and had a hammock, and the rawhide toy had been removed.)  though
she was still all by herself.  I felt so sorry for her, as the pet store
said it would be the last ferret they carried, so she would be alone until
someone adopted her.  So, on Sunday, my husband left, saying he had some
arrands to run, and when he came back he had a box of turtles (candy, not
actual turtles) and a large box, from which was comming a very distinct
scuffling noise.  After a few moments a very small nose poked out from the
cracks in the box-top and wiggled.  Then a small head came out.  It was
the very girl!  "Happy Valentines Day!!"

We named her, after a day of deliberation, Tasha.  I worried that I would
have trouble so shortly after Booboo's passing, but I have faith in myself
that I know she will never replace Booboo in my heart, but instead will
find her own piece.  (I wonder how many pieces of my heart there are
stashed behind the dresser?!?!?!?  Socks aren't the only thing they steal,
ya know!!)

Now we have Tasha, Mira, and Cael, or in other words, Small, Medium, and
Large. :)  Tasha still has lighter colored kit-fur, so I am not sure
exactly what color she will be, but right now I think it will be a very
rich red-brown.  She has a very narrow stripe from her forehead to her
shoulders, and a panda bib, and the toes on her front feet are
white-tipped.  Her mask is a lopsided T shape.  All in all she wouldn't
do very well in a show, but her markings are positively charming!  Can
anyone tell me if there is a name for her markings and color?  I looked
at the AFA color page, but she has such a mixture of markings, etc.
that I couldn't decide which it would be.  Is there such thing as a
Lopsided-Cinnamon-Panda-Blaze?  Anyway, she is MF baby, but in my opinion,
she is also a rescue case!  So I don't have any second thoughts!  Just
wanted to share my small happiness.  (I say small because she is, but my
happiness is certainly not proportionate to her size!)

Melissa