From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:16:04 EST
I have been a lurker on the list for a couple of years now but maybe
some of you remember last year I lost my white boy Otis to Adrenal and
insulinoma.  It was a 3 year battle and one that we in the end lost.  I
told myself I wouldnt put another pet through that again.  I watched him
suffer and I hated making the decision of when to let him go.  I did
have to finally put him to sleep.

At around 9:00 last night Otis's best buddy Clara also went to ferret
heaven.  She was eight years old.  She had been not eating well for a few
weeks now and I have been hand feeding her like I did for Otis.  She must
of had insulinoma because she had a seizure before she died.  It was very
sad but only lasted a few minutes and she was gone.  I held her while she
slowly stopped breathing in my arms and the little light left her eyes.
It is very strange to know she is not here anymore becuase she was always
so happy and so full of life.  I am very glad that I didnt know what was
really wrong with her.  I would of done the same for her as I did Otis if
I had of known but I dont feel that would of been right.  Clara was my
first and will be my last ferret.  I cant live with the fact that these
guys always die of these illnesses.  But Clara was happy till the day she
died.  By the time I found her she was already too far gone and I couldnt
of helped her.  She will be buried out back under the trees with her
favorite blankie and her cookie monster.  I think I gave her the best
life she could of had and I am glad she didnt have to suffer like Otis
did.  Today is a sad day.

Sandee could you please see that her and her big brut of a brother Otis
are rejoined at the bridge.  He is lost without her I am sure.

Lisa and the spirit of Clara and Otis