From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 21:48:02 -0500
Kits do have a tendency sometimes to be nippy.  Here's how I would handle
this for what its worth.  Keep your hands reservedr giving treats, little
shoulder massages (mine love this) and cuddling (when its older kits are too
active to like cuddling).  Do not play or roughhouse with your hands.  Play
with a cat toy on a string (they like ones with jingly balls and rough
material), hold open a plastic crinkly grocery store sack and encourage it
to jump in then drag gently around, you can also do this with a pair of
sweats, play hide and seek and throw a dishtowel over him/her when they come
around the corner etc.  etc.  Pick up give a treat, put down and play.  The
only time mine get nippy is if I work them up with my hands.  They just get
too excited and hey, I'm encouraging this aren't I?

Good luck,
Mary