From:
BunnyBoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:48:42 +0100
Kim Kingston was writing about a her female ferret who seems to be wasting
away from a lack of energy, but has no identifiable illness.  Sorry to say
that i have no solution, but i have the same problem at home.  One of my
male ferrets be came stricken like this and wasted away to the point that
the vet & I choose to euthanise him.  Another of my males is now exhibiting
the same symptoms, but he doesn't seem to be as sick.  He has lost alot of
weight (although he eats constantly, and lots) and he always seems a little
dehydrated (though he drinks tons).  He has no energy, has trouble
balancing, holding up his head etc.  He has been a member of the family for
a long time (first with my sister and them with me) and it makes me sad to
see him like this.  Any suggesions that people have about this would be
greatly appreciated.

Greg Heptinstall