Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:17:32 -0800
Lisa Upchurch wrote:
>but took them both to the vet to get tested for ECE.  Dr. Jordan said that
>Tazz had a very mild case and to treat Gigi as well since she was exposed
>to him.  They haven't slowed down a bit.....playing, eating, drinking,
>etc.  I'm giving them both amoxicilan (sp?) drops and keeping my eye on
>them.  My question is.... since they are both so young and seem to be
>getting it over very quickly...is there chance of them getting it again??
>And, we got him from the same PetCo as Gigi .,..how do you know if one is
>exposed or not.  I certainly wouldn't have gotten him if I knew he had ECE.

Not to second guess a vet, but......I have never heard of a bona fide case
of ECE that was cured in a very short period of time.  Green poop is NOT a
sign of ECE, per se.  Only a sign of change/stress/change of diet, etc.  I
imagine that in a few days all will be ok.  If so, I guarantee you don't
have ECE.

Hopefully, some of the people who have lived through the 3 to 6 month
ordeals that ECE brings about can tell you more about the disease.

For our ferrets!

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)