From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:19:32 -0500
A FHL member who I think is also an FML member wrote asking about dosing
for a specific antihistamine which might not be safe for ferrets.  I can
not focus my eyes well enough to deal with the pdf due to the headache.

Bill, I have copied to you for hopeful inclusion in tomorrow's FML
in case I have used up all of my posts.  I know that some of the
antihistamines are extremely dangerous for ferrets so am afraid that
this needs to jumped on rapidly and hopefully the poster's eyes will
focus on what mine can't to know more before acting, since I do not know
if this med poses any short or long term health hazards for ferrets.

Between delays due to the Smartgroups related to ongoing repairs and
having a raging headache (which now seems to maybe be from allergies
that are possibly related to the neighboring condo building that burned
yesterday) I can not search as well as I would like to help out, and I
can not reach the poster directly.

I am therefor letting this info get out a tad widely (FHL, FML,
Miamiferretforum).

Essential reading:

<http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/toxbrief_1001.pdf?
docID=124&AddInterest=1101>