From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:25:12 EDT
Do all ferrets come up with these awful diseases?  I was just wondering
cause I've been hearing so much about them.  Do any ferrets stay perfectly
healthy and what are the chances of that happening?  Do they have to just
be extremely lucky to stay healthy?  I've been wondering since I first got
my little guy and started reading and hearing about all the different
diseases.  It probably seems like stupid questions but from what everyone
has been implying they seem to get things real easy.  At the store where I
shop the lady there said he'd probably get 1 of 3...I can't remember which
ones she said but is it that prominent???  If it is I better enjoy every
second I have with my little guy.  Or is it just as common as with any
other animal?  Is there a chance he could live out his 10 year lifespan
and what is that chance?

I hope it's a good chance because I'm growing more attached to him by the
day.  Yeah...he's a nosy little guy but I enjoy having him help me clean
the house. :-)  He gives me motivation. :-)  I'm no slob but he does put
his 2 cents in for what area he thinks needs cleaning. :-)  Needless to
say since he's been here my cupboards and everything are finally getting
the clutter cleaned out of them and the dishes are always washed and put
away. :-)  I'm just starting to understand his behavior a little bit too
so I'm looking forward to all the fun times we're going to have together.
When I first got him I wasn't sure having never had a ferret before but
he has grown on me. :-)

Faith