From:
"R. Ryan Maus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:18:59 -0700
Hello everyone!  I recently have made the decision (along with my mother's
understanding and blessing) to keep my ferrets at home while I finish up
my last semester of school so that I do not get 'found out' and evicted.
I am moving to a new apt and I don't want to subject my roommates to that
chance - before I lived on my own...that would have been fine.  Anyway, we
are going to ferret proof the house as best as possible - we all know there
is no perfection unless you have only a room with nothing in it but what
ferret wants that?  What I need from you is to know whether or not you can
help me locate a vet that will be local to my mother that is 'qualified' to
treat ferrets - I give them only the best...ask Dr. Marx! :-)  They will be
residing in Reading, PA (19604) for a minimum of 3 months to possibly 7
depending on my living situation after I graduate.  I just don't want to
throw the burden of doing all that on my mom...she has been a saint and she
refers to my ferrets as her grandkids - woke up one morning while I was
visiting her and heard this "Your grandmama said not to pull that
down...ouch my ankle...no raisin for you now!" I just laughed that she took
such an interest in them!

Another question: I hear about adrenal and lymphoma (?) all the time here
and ECE and whatnot, but unfortunately I am ignorant to whether or not
these are contagious or not.  Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Last question: When you have taken vacations, do you prefer to use a vet
boarding service or a shelter?  I have figured many pros and cons about
them both and will be going on vacation in about 3+ weeks.  First thing
that pops into my mind is that a vet has the medical necessities right
there right away.  Then, shelters have a very specific love for fuzzies
that can only be matched by the owner themself...etc.  It just goes back
and forth the entire time in my head!

Thanks to all of you in advance!
Rochelle
Mahwah - I swear I'm not the one who started the fight.
Bandit - I swear I'll be the one to finish it alright!