From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:02:52 -0400
Anonymous: read in the Ferret Health List using the Files and the archives
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list/ and read in the latest
issue of "Ferrets" magazine for an article on it by Dr. Bruce Williams.

>Phoebe has advanced insuloma.  Thanks to Sukie's post a few weeks ago,
>Phoebe is feeling better with sugar added to her diet.  She's not as
>speedy as Warp but still enjoys her slow strolls around the house.
>Phoebe gets more Ferretvite now, some sugar added to her chicken, and
>more Cheerios for treats.

Marvelous!  Such good news is always up-lifting.

One thing we tend to avoid around here for any of them are starch treats.
I don't know if it makes any difference in insulinoma rates later on, but
we have a lower than normal rate and always have had.  That is only
anecdotal, though, and may mean nothing since the sample is too small to
know.

What we are doing with insulinoma here now and hoping for the best is to
still avoid sweets until the late stages of insulinoma in case that makes
a difference (which it might) but we are giving sugars in the late stages
and getting extra quality time that way for Warp.  Trying something
further for her now, too, which is discussed in a KP from FHL post today.
Bill usually puts those near the bottom of the digest.

>>Sukie, if you're reading this, I hope you're feeling better, too.

Thank you; am beginning to so I'm happy about that, too.

>[Moderator's note: Clean mine and you got a deal!  But seriously, i doubt
>it will go anywhere, but will keep and eye on it. BIG]

LOL!  Thanks.  I don't much mind having folks disagree with what I say.
Pretty much no matter what anyone says, there are always going to be those
who disagree and when it's done constructively it's a learning situation,
even if it sometimes isn't as comfy a learning situation as others.  I
just don't like words being attributed to me that I didn't say no matter
who does so.  Such attributions by anyone seem to me to be inappropriate,
but my concerns didn't go beyond that.