From:
Hatti Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 07:17:53 +0000
I have never felt such a pain as I have the past 48 hours. I just moved
into a new place and I haven't been here for more then a month. I
thought the place was ferret proofed..... I found a hole and covered it
and the 18 ferrets had been out several times before as I cleaned their
cages. As I started to put up the first 12, I found a hole in the floor
I had not seen before. My heart dropped, I woke my husband and put the
ferrets aways as I counted. I only let the last 6 out not even five
minutes before... As I panicked, I realized I just saw Little Girl not
even 5 minutes ago... Where is she,??? Where is my little Deaf panda
BoBo? Where is little miss trouble, my Snow-White, No-White? OH MY
GOD!! The horror hit me. I ran outside, my husband searched the house,
I searched outside,and thought to myself "OH MY GOD BoBo can't even
hear me, its 1 am how are we ever going to find him? The girls are
white and a creamy-white, we should be able to find them."

As I searched outside I realized I didn't have a squeaker, the girls
come to a squeaker... They will hear me, but what about Bobo??? He
can't hear!!! As my panic sets in my husband goes to my neighbor and
best friend who is a fellow ferret lover herself.... She brings out a
couple of squeakers and she joins the hunt. By this time we are 25-40
minutes into it. They are no where to be found. Found a bunny rabbit...
Damn it!!!! Where are they? The dogs start to bark, then my good friend
says I am going to pin the dogs up.... The next thing I hear is a
scream, "the dogs got her! I am so sorry the dogs got her!" I ran
to the gate, couldn't even open it, I guess I was too panicked, she
screams as she brings me her warm lifeless body! I scream to my husband
find Bobo and my other baby girl before its too late, I run to my house
the whole time I am begging and pleading with God to let my other
babies be safe and found. I get in my house and I cry and I hold her
telling her how sorry I am. "I am so sorry! I am so sorry! I love you
so much!" The tears are so strong, I can't even tell who I am holding,
I originally thought it was Snow white, by this time I realize that I
am holding my Little Girl. Less then 5-10 minutes later my husband
walks in and he is holding BoBo, - think to myself "he is so still,
there is no blood wait... Wait.... He's alive? He's ALIVE! Wait
where... Oh My God.... Where is my baby? Where is my Snow-white?"
Then, as I hold my Little Girls lifeless body.. He tells me. "They
got Snow-White too. She's gone"

I lay little girl on our bed in a blanket and I walk toward my husband,
as he holds Bobo, I scream and I feel my body trying to fall. My
body .. I can't even stand up.. My heart hurts so bad! He holds me as
I scream and cry. My husband tells me Bobo was hiding but when he saw
his Daddy he came right out and he was shaking and he was scared and
grateful. Anyone who tells me a deaf ferret can't be grateful or
traumatized is craZy and wrong. I cry. I am sick to my stomach, my
heart is broken, ripped apart. My husband takes Little Girls lifeless
body and the blanket. He and my friend find a nice box and put them
together and wrap them up together... So they will Never be alone. My
husband digs a hole as I hold the light sobbing... He is crying as he
digs the hole. Finally, several hours later, the hole is done and now I
have to say goodbye. I can't look at Snow White. We say our goodbyes as
we cry our eyes out. We bury the girls and go back inside to check on
Bobo and we go to bed. I cry myself to sleep. I wake up and I cry. I
see white and I cry. There was a rug covering the hole.. Then the rug
moved and there was THE HOLE !!! Damn it why?? Why did it have to be
there? Did she try to come to the squeaker and the dogs got her as she
ran toward the squeaks? Did I kill them? I know I failed them. I am
supposed to keep them safe. I failed my girls... I have lost ferrets
before but not like this. Old age, illness. But not like this! They
were taken from me! Those dogs took my babies! I am so sad. I hate it!
Everything I see that is white makes me see my girls and I start crying
all over again.

Snow White and Little Girl... You two will forever be in my heart and
I will never forget u two! We miss u so much and so does Blaze, Bobo,
Angora, Segundo, Fatty, Maxwell, Lita, Shy-Girl, Sebastian, Ricochet,
Tweedle Dee, Zeek, Eden, Angel, Lexy, and Jazzy.

Harvest and Tweedle Dumb will help you in and show u the ropes.

Thank u all for listening!