From:
Maryanne Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 15:19:24 EST
Hi everyone.  I am a new member to the FML.  I have four furry friends.
Max, my first baby, and Panda my second.  I recently got two more Ling-Ling
and Buttercup this past week from a family who could no longer care for
them.  They are all getting along great.  Unfortunately I suspected that
Ling-Ling was not up to par, as she was not eating and she is very thin.
She takes only a few bites of her food but I have yet to see her really
eat.  As a result I took her to the vet today.  She has enlarged Lymphnodes
and has a cold.  No temperature and ways a pound and a half.  She is a
female Panda and is 3 years old.  Her stool samples are all negative.  The
vet gave me no suggestion as to how I can get Ling-Ling to eat better.
She is eating Marshall Farms ferret food.  I have some questions I hoped
someone could help me with: My first babies have been eating Purina Kitten
Chow.  They love it and are healthy and their coats shine.  Max is 2 and
Panda is 7 months old.  Is this a good Fert food?  I tried switching Max to
Ferret food in order to accomodate Panda who was just a baby and I thought
best to give her Ferret food but Max nearly starved himself (he lost 2
pounds) when I attempted to switch him.  He would have nothing to do with
the idea.  So now they are both gleafully eating the Kitten food.  Now that
I have the two new ones eating Marshall Farms Ferret food, They've been
eating that all their lives, I have two sets of food in the cage.  I won't
switch unless all fuzzies choose one or the other.  How do I get Ling-Ling
to eat more though?  She just takes a bite or two and that's it!  My other
question is: Does anyone out there know of a good vet in the Ft. Myers Fl.
area?  I just moved here from Seattle and I've yet to find one that I
really like.  The one I took Ling-Ling too didn't even come back in the
room to tell me the answers to any of my questions nor to give me the test
results.  She was too busy.  I've been reading FML for quite a while now
and so many of you sound like you've been there done that with the fine
furry friends.  I was hoping you could help me out with these questions I
have.  To those of you who have written poems and goodbyes to their fine
furry friends..  my heart goes out to you.  You are beautiful people.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

You can write me directly at

Happy Holidays from Myself, Max, Panda, Ling-Ling, and Buttercup.